These are truly blessed times…
With so many amazingly diverse varieties of cannabis seeds out there, just waiting to be added to your collection, will your next addition be an Autoflowering strain, or will you choose to pick a Photoperiod variety? If you’re not quite sure which one to add to your ‘must-have’ list, let’s take a look at both in detail…
What are Autoflowering seeds?
Autoflowering Seeds are specially-bred varieties of cannabis seeds which possess special properties that make them perfectly suited for collectors who seek speedy, stealthy and low-maintenance genetic potential.
- Autoflowering seeds have a fixed life-cycle, meaning that they are pre-programmed on a genetic level (to a certain extent: Environmental factors still have an impact) to vegetate, then flower on their own at a certain point, without the need for any trigger to do so.
- The fact that Autoflowering seeds do their own thing, regardless of the light-cycle they are exposed to, means that they are less fiddly to work with and much more beginner-friendly than Photoperiod seeds.
- Autoflowering seeds are often bred to grow really rapidly – and due to their fixed lifespan, they are often short-statured, making them suited for stealthy operations where massive plants are not an option.
- Whilst many Autoflowering seeds have been specially bred to produce dense, powerful bud, they will generally yield less and have weaker potency than healthy and optimally-grown Photoperiod strains.
How do Photoperiod strains stack up?
Photoperiod strains are varieties of cannabis seeds which have the potential to grow into gargantuan plants, thanks to the fact that they will continue to vegetate without flowering until they are exposed to the correct conditions necessary to trigger flowering.
- Photoperiod seeds are the numero uno choice for collectors that want to get the biggest possible yield potential out of each bean.
- Thanks to the fact that Photoperiod strains can grow larger and live for a longer time than Autoflowering strains, they can generally become much hardier and vigorous as time goes by.
- Aside from mammoth yields and excellent resilience, Photoperiod seeds are prized by many collectors for their incredible potential to produce bud with very potent THC and CBD levels.
Have you decided which route you want to go down yet?
We hope this guide has helped to answer some of your questions regarding the difference between Photoperiod and Autoflowering cannabis seeds: If you still aren’t sure which way to go, why not get in touch with your buddies right here at The Vault? We’re here to help and we’ll be sure to pick out the ideal strain for your requirements. Happy collecting!
Disclaimer: It’s illegal to germinate cannabis seeds in many countries. It is our duty to inform you of this important fact and to urge you to obey all of your local laws. The Vault only ever sells or sends out seeds for souvenir, collection or novelty purposes.