What is Marijuana?
Marijuana is a mixture of Cannabis Sativa’s dried flowers. People consume Marijuana in several ways like smoking through ‘joints’ or pipes, taking it with tea, or mixing in candies, cookies, medicines, etc. Nowadays, many people use vaporizers to inhale Marijuana. Marijuana products also have a mind-altering effect, which is primarily the contribution of THC, a psychoactive chemical present in Marijuana. Other than THC, the Cannabis plant contains many different compounds, some of which are incredibly beneficial to human health, such as CBD.
Some facts about Medical Marijuana:
Since different agencies still regulate recreational Marijuana’s use due to its mind-altering properties, people use Medical Marijuana for treating health problems. Medical Marijuana can treat critical issues like Crohn’s disease, Epilepsy, Cancer, Glaucoma, Nausea, Pain, etc. But its strongest point is perhaps its ability to reduce chronic pain, and this is the reason why Medical Marijuana is replacing a lot of traditional medicines that fail to cure long-existing chronic pain. So, you can guess why there is so much interest regarding Cannabis cultivation.
How to choose the right Marijuana seeds for yourself?
Is it enough to acquire the right strain if you want to grow cannabis? Probably not! The key to producing quality cannabis lies in choosing the right kind of seeds. However, if you are new to the business of harvesting Marijuana, selecting the appropriate seeds can be a challenging task. The seeds that you will choose will require different kinds of nourishment and conditions to grow properly. If you are stuck between feminized or auto-flowering seeds and can’t decide which way to go, here are some valuable facts to help you out.
What is a feminized seed?
Feminized seeds, as the name suggests, are the harbinger of female plants. Harvesters plant these feminized seeds to grow all-female plants and do away with male chromosomes. For this reason, the seeds are famous by the name of ‘female seeds.’ For smoking, one needs cannabis buds; and you can get the buds only from female plants. These female plants also contain higher levels of cannabinoids like CBD and THC. The feminized seeds are organic, as they come from the process of pollination where insects or birds move the pollen from an anther to a stigma.
The benefits of Feminized Seeds:
- The feminized seeds grow into female plants that are the sole source of smokable cannabis.
- Feminized seeds lead to a higher production of weed when compared to auto-flowering seeds. Each female plant yields cannabis, thereby increasing the overall output.
- Feminized seeds are comparable to regular plants when it comes to large-scale productions. As feminized seeds are supervised strictly, they can assure the steadiness of production.
- Harvesting feminized seeds save a lot of time and effort since you need not handle the male plants. The elimination of male plants also lets you use more area for female plants, leading to higher yield.
- One can verify the quality of feminized seeds by observing the count of hermaphroditic plants produced by them — the fewer the number of hermaphrodites, the better the quality of feminized seeds.
- You can trim or modify the growth of feminized seeds without worrying about the final production.
Some facts about Autoflowering Seeds:
Auto-flowering seeds, as you may guess from the name, is more natural in the process of production. Autoflowering seeds use conventional ways of production, such as germination. Owing to its natural process of production, the cannabis produced from auto-flowering seeds are also superior in quality. Autoflowering seeds require less manual intervention, and they change to flowering naturally. For people who don’t have much experience but want to try their luck with cannabis growing for the first time, auto-flowering seeds are an excellent option. You also don’t need to worry about the yield as these seeds require much less care compared to other varieties of seeds.
Advantages of Autoflowering Seeds:
- This kind of seed have higher levels of CBD or Cannabidiol, but low amounts of THC. We know CBD to be a beneficial cannabinoid as reports suggest that it can help us tackle many medical issues like anxiety, pain, depression. CBD also helps to reduce the psychoactive effects of THC.
- Auto-flowering seeds have a lot more resistance power than feminized seeds, and they can cope with unforeseen changes in temperature, rain, etc. much better. This makes auto-flowering seeds fast and easy to grow.
- Auto-flowering seeds can survive against hindrances such as pest, or extreme weather conditions like frost.
- If you live in harsh conditions and would want a reliable crop, it is always better to go with auto-flowering seeds as they can handle different soils, different time cycles, and can timely yield a good amount of cannabis.
- Growers can produce this variety of seeds more often as auto-flowering seeds only need normal 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. Plants growing from these seeds have a height that is well within the legal limit.
Which one to choose: Feminized seeds or Autoflowering seeds?
- Ease of growing:
Auto-flowering seeds can grow under any lighting conditions. They don’t depend on the light cycles and grow according to their genetic structure. Autoflowering seeds also resist pests to a great extent. Feminized seeds rely on a lot of factors like the season or time of the year, the amount of sunlight available, and so on. Hence, the former is easier to grow.
- When growing indoors:
For people looking to grow seeds indoors, auto-flowering seeds will be the better choice. As these seeds are smaller in size, they can be easily accommodated indoors, saving you a lot of space. They only need a regular intake of 16 hours of light, followed by 8 hours of darkness.
Feminized seeds, on the other hand, need 18 hours of sunlight, and 6 hours of darkness, respectively. At the time of flowering, the plants will need light cycles of 12 hours. Feminized seeds will require a lot of advanced skills to make them reach their full potential. These seeds will also take more space.
So, auto-flowering seeds are a lot more convenient and practical for the harvesters.
- Quality of buds:
Feminized seeds will always produce big and resinous buds compared to auto-flowering seeds. Feminized seeds ensure the femininity of the whole crop, which makes it the top-selling seeds on the market.
Final words on choosing Marijuana seeds:
Everything said the selection of seeds boils down to personal preferences and available resources. If you want quick flowering and live in an extreme sort of environment, then auto-flowering seeds should be your choice. But if you wish to have high-quality buds and assured yield, then feminized seeds will serve you better. Feminized seeds are best for people who don’t want much hassle, as these seeds eliminate the need for male plants, making the whole process minimalistic.
However, it is not always necessary to wait for testing your harvest. There are a lot of products, both online and offline, that present you with the goodness of cannabis in various delicious forms. Canna Cabana is one such place that offers you high-quality cannabis products through its offline stores. It is always better to have a test of the thing before you get yourself into the act of production.
Why not head on over to The Vault Cannabis Seeds Store now and pick up some Cannabis Seeds now, whilst taking advantage of the discount code VAULT15 for a whopping 15% discount off your order of Cannabis Seeds.
Newsletter Sign Up
Make sure you never miss another Vault promo – sign up for our newsletter at http://goo.gl/Bt2Ba2
Remember: It’s illegal to germinate cannabis seeds in many countries. It is our duty to inform you of this important fact and to urge you to obey all of your local laws.