If you’d like to add some top-notch CBD strains to your collection, The Vault has you covered with a carefully-selected line-up of high CBD varieties, hand-picked from the world’s finest breeders.
What is CBD?
Cannabis is an amazing plant which is made up of over 80 active chemical compounds, known as cannabinoids. The two main cannabinoids which seed strain collectors are typically interested in are Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD). Whilst THC is the main active element of cannabis which is responsible for triggering the plant’s psychoactive properties, CBD is the constituent most prized for its amazing medical potential.
What does CBD do?
• It’s an anti-depressant: Studies have shown that CBD possesses a number of anti-depressant and anti-anxiety properties.
• It’s an antioxidant: Free radicals are chemicals which the human body produces naturally over time. Unfortunately, they cause cell damage which can eventually lead to the formation of cancer and heart disease. CBD is prized for its antioxidant properties, which helps it to combat these free radicals and as a result, potentially keep such illnesses at bay.
• It is an anti-psychotic: CBD has been shown to be useful in treating individuals with certain mental and anxiety disorders, such as schizophrenia and social anxiety disorder. Whilst THC is known to be the element of cannabis which can trigger anxiety, CBD naturally counteracts this effect.
Why should you be interested in adding high CBD seeds to your collection?
Whilst THC has certain desirable characteristics for medical applications (its analgesic, antiemetic properties and its ability to stimulate the appetite to name but a few), cannabis strains which possess high levels of THC (15% plus) are not normally recommended for medicinal purposes, due to their pronounced psychoactive effects. Strains with high CBD levels (5% plus is considered high for CBD) will have typically been bred to present low THC levels (Anything below 10% is considered low for THC), sometimes with a perfectly-balanced 1:1 ratio (For example 5% CBD to 5% THC). Such strains will give the medical user all of the benefits of THC and CBD, without the hard-hitting high that is associated with the more widely-available high THC strains.
Why are there no strains on The Vault with CBD levels higher than 7%?
Whilst there are some experimental strains that have been developed in labs across the world which are reported to possess incredibly high CBD to THC ratios (Including reports of strains with CBD levels exceeding 20%) these are simply not stable enough to bring to market - yet. The Vault only ever stocks the most reliable strains from recognised, trusted breeders, who have the lab-results and accurate specifications to prove that their seeds can be depended upon by discerning collectors the world over, time and time again. Once a trusted breeder comes to us with a stable, reliable new seed strain with higher CBD levels than the strains which we currently stock, you can be sure that you’ll hear about it first at The Vault!
What are the medical applications for high CBD strains?
High CBD strains have been shown to possess a number of useful medical effects which can help those suffering from:
• Cancer in its myriad forms
• Parkinson’s disease
• Alzheimer’s disease
• Chronic pain
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• Heart disease
• Liver inflammation
• Brain trauma
• Anxiety disorders
• Mental disorders
• Epilepsy, including Dravet syndrome
All of The Vault’s high CBD strains have been hand-picked from a selection of the world’s finest breeders, for the ultimate in quality and stability. Just remember, The Vault only ever sells or sends seeds for collection or souvenir purposes. The cultivation of cannabis is illegal in most countries, so make sure to obey all of your local laws. The information presented here is done so for educational purposes only.
Browse Cannabis Seedbanks
|View A-Z of Seedbanks>>|